Emerald is also known as natural beryl. Emeralds are the symbol of love, devotion, adoration, romance and royalty. This gemstone has been gifting on 55th anniversary as a symbol for adoration and true love. It is the birthstone for the month of May and very popular for engagement rings. Emeralds are highly valued in the jewelry market and are evaluated by their color and clarity. It is believed that it’s a healing gemstone for ailments of mind and body and mind. It is also said that wearing emerald promotes wellness of the heart.
**Gems international diamond center in Cayman Island offers you a collection of emeralds jewelry. You will find a huge collection of emerald engagement rings, emerald pendant, emerald earrings and emerald bands.
- Natural emerald earrings are deep in color which gives classical look.
- Emeralds are used in a range of beautiful jewelry.
- Buying emerald jewelry is a kind of investment and it makes you the center of attraction.
Emerald has deep green color and it is the single greatest factor for its value. The more deep green color emeralds are valued higher then light color emerald.
Emeralds can be shaped into a variety of shapes including
Types of Emeralds Cuts
Step Cut Emerald
The Step cut has parallel facets which are precisely cut going down from the top of its facet. This cut enhances the shining of emerald color and maintains its structural integrity. This step cut is named after the emerald gemstone therefore called emerald cut.
Brilliant Cut Emerald
Emeralds with brilliant cut include a triangular cut facet which requires more cutting and precision therefore, produces the more sparkle.
Mixed Cut Emerald
Mixed-cut Emerald is a combination of various cuts including round cut, oval cut or square cuts. Mixed cut is a common cut for the emerald. Brilliant cut is used for the emerald crown mainly to enhance the sparkle and minimize wastage of the stone.
Emeralds with cabochon cut have round top and a flat bottom which is highly polished.
Emeralds are heavily included gemstones and almost all emeralds consists of inclusions which may be of different types including:
Quality – Grade
The emeralds are graded based on their tone, hue and color. Following are the grades used to determine the quality of emeralds are:
- “A” grade emeralds are very dark green and are heavily included..
- These grade emeralds are lower in quality than the “AA” and “AAA” grades.
- This grade is extremely rare and expensive.
- “AA” grade Emeralds are medium green and includes moderate inclusions.
- These grade emeralds are the bettor category than the “A” grade.
- Natural AAA emeralds are rich green, moderately to slightly included, and they exhibit very high brilliance.
- This is the highest quality.
- It is better quality then the “C” Grade.
- “C” Grade is considered as lowest quality stone.
Gemstones and metals are tested for their hardness on Mohs scale from 1 to 10. On mohs scale emeralds ranks at 7.5. If you compare the hardness of diamond with emerald then you would find diamond stands at 10.00 on mohs scale. Therefore we can conclude that emeralds are soft then diamonds and its rank 7.5 on the Mohs scale.
Emeralds are usually found in all over the world but high and best quality of Emeralds is typically mined in Colombia, Zambia and Brazil.